Echo Village Residents' Council
The purposes of the Council are:
To enhance the quality of life and to benefit the residents of Echo Village, a multi-level Care Home for seniors and for others requiring complex care services.
To provide non-financial relief for the members of the Council and to encourage others to support, utilize and enjoy the Home and activities of Echo Village.
The Echo Village Residents’ Council falls under the guidance of the Alberni-Clayoquot Continuing Care Society but functions independently of it.
Regular Items Paid for by the Echo Village Residents’ Council
The monthly Activity Fee goes towards items purchased by the Residents’ Council. The Activity Fee is collected monthly via the Administration of Echo Village; however, it is the Village’s Residents’ Councils who decide how and when the money is utilized. That is, the residents themselves control the money. The monies collected are used to support activities, special events, resources/supplies, etc., that go above and beyond the basic activity program (for example the Music Therapy program and the Sensory Stimulation program).
- Bingo: prizes for Bingo sessions
- “Echo Village Times”: production of monthly paper
- Anniversary: cake, picture frames, special presentations, flowers
- Volunteer Recognition: cake, gifts of appreciation
- Seniors’ Week: refreshments for a “Seniors’ Week Special Tea”
- Mother’s Day: cake
- Father’s Day: cake
- “Family Fun Day in the Park”: in conjunction with Fir Park Village door prizes, miscellaneous items
- Halloween: candies for Halloween night visitors
- Remembrance Day: purchase of a wreath or cross, special Veterans luncheon
- Seasonal Decorations: Christmas, Fall/Winter/Spring/Summer, etc.
- Easter Cake
- Citizen of the Year:(flowers/gift, etc.)
Wine for special dinners: Thanksgiving, Easter, Fine Dining, and Christmas
Volunteer Program/Candy Stripe Program: smocks, supplies
Spa Care supplies
Special Meal Programs: general supplies for Breakfast Club, Supper Group and Galloping Gourmet, Lunch Bunch
Special Events: Halloween Party, Auxiliary Bazaar. Any other event(s) would have to be presented to the Residents’ Council if seeking support.
Care of birds, fish tank
- Subscriptions: Reminisce magazines, RD (large print)
- Craft Material: for items that will later be sold