The Fir Park Village Residents’ Society was incorporated as a Society under The Society Act of British Columbia. The Society is a registered charitable organization.
It consists of one President, one Vice-President, Secretary (Director of Programming and Adult Day Services), and the remaining 5 – 7 Directors at Large are appointed, including and Adult Day Services Program representative, and a family representative (non-voting).
The purposes of the Society are:
- To enhance the quality of life for the residents of Fir Park Village, a multi-level Care Home for seniors and others requiring complex care services.
- To provide non-financial support (social) for the members of the Society and to encourage others to support, utilize and enjoy the Home and activities of Fir Park Village.
Regular Items Paid for by the Fir Park Village Residents’ Society
The monthly Activity Fee goes towards items purchased by the Residents’ Society. The Activity Fee is collected monthly via the Administration of Fir Park Village; however, it is the Village’s Residents’ Society who decides how and when the money is utilized. That is, the residents themselves control the money. The monies collected are used to support activities, special events, resources/supplies, etc., that go above and beyond the basic activity program (for example the Music Therapy program and the Sensory Stimulation program).
- Bingo: prizes
- “The Voice of the Village”: production of monthly paper
- Anniversary: cake, picture frames, special presentations, flowers
- Volunteer Recognition: flowers for each volunteer, cake, gifts
- Seniors’ Week: refreshments for a “Seniors’ Week Special Tea”
- Mother’s Day: flowers and/or cake for each mother (resident)
- Father’s Day: boutonnieres and/or cake for each father (resident)
- “Family Fun Day in the Park”: in conjunction with Echo Village, contribute to door prizes, miscellaneous items, thank-you gifts
- Halloween: candies for Halloween night visitors
- Remembrance Day: purchase of a wreath or cross; Veterans’ Luncheon
- Santa Visits the Village: presents for participating children
- Bursary: $500.00 for annual Fir Park Village Award for Community Volunteering (Grade 12 student)
- Easter: cake
- Citizen of the Year: trophy, flowers
- Seasonal Decorations: a variety of decorations matching the season
- Bus: insurance, inspections, repairs, safety equipment
- Galloping Gourmet
- Men’s/Ladies Program
- Snoezelen/Sensory Stimulation
- Lunch Bunch
- Pizza Night
- Wine for special dinners – Thanksgiving, Easter, Evening of Fine Dining
- Overall Volunteer Program/Candy Stripe Program: smocks, supplies
- High Teas